Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Late Night Pondering



Just came back from a Scottish pub crawl. Maximum alcohol, with minimum clubbing.

A little alcohol is fine, but I probably won't make it my choice highlight.

Dancing though.... That's a different story altogether :)

My white leather Polo shoes were totally destroyed, what with all the grime and sticky gooey liquid that happened to chance on it.

So I wiped it with kitchen towels and plain ol' tap water.

We can wipe things away. We can get rid of dirt, remove muck, scrub stains. We can use water, we can use soap. Or we can go hardcore and end up with bottles of hydrogen peroxide and bleach.

We can try to take away those that leave a mark on us.

But those marks eventually leave a scar.

No matter how much I tend to those shoes, one day the white won't be white anymore, the leather not-so supple, the soles slippery.

One day, the shoe will wear itself out from cleaning.

And so will we.

No comments:

Post a Comment