Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Summer Autumn Winter


Spring taught me,
That there'll always be a chance to grow
Should I be willing to nurture
Culture
An inherent goodness
And, like the rolling pastures,
Dew drop flowers
Beauty emerges from the muddiest depths
To clad the wispy mists

Summer lectured me,
On the voraciousness of infatuation
The fiery heat of passion
To inculcate the ecstasy of life
To never lose my sense of
Freedom
Adventure
Imagination
Love

Autumn took my hand,
Led me up
Ever-changing glades of emotions
And therein I understand
Of loss
Of found
Of something gained
Of forfeiture
Should the crisp air burn my lungs
Would the soft rays ease my skin

Winter sat me down,
And there I cried
On a frosty throne in the midst
My tears froze, for it did not let me
Did not understand
Being alone, is not loneliness
To disconnect, is not to isolate
To never lose sight
Of what's inside
Should my heart be warm
Even while my chest freezes over

I learned of cycles
Of joy and pain
I learned of waves
Of need and naught
I learned that life
And death's not far
I learned that fate
Matches destiny, bizarre

Winter graduated me
With a scar on my chest
Spring let me in
And laid a butterfly to rest
On this weary soul
And now I know

For I am but a student
In this four seasons of existence
Should I ever fail,

*Get up*
*Straighten those shoulders*


Shall the wind be there to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment