Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There's Always Gonna Be Another Mountain...

To tell the truth, I have no idea how I feel.

It's funny, since I've been in a sombre mood ever since the performance. Am I disappointed? Maybe. Embarrassed? Probably. Sad? I don't see why not.

I feel partly responsible for our team losing, because I danced out of the box and crossed the tape line. Maybe that was why the judges axed some of our marks. Then I kinda forgot the routine and went blank for awhile, and forgot to kneel during the 'hand part' ( I dunno how to describe that genre of dance, haha).

Furthermore, I was shaking and sweating like MAD! ALL THE PRESSURE!! ARGHH!!!!

However, I should give credit to the people that work so hard to make all of this happen. All my group members, Lisa, Wei Guang, Tracy, Siew Theng ( I dunno whether it's spelled right....), Amy, Wei Jian and Julia (although she didn't dance because of a dislocated shoulder) put a lot into the routine, spent so much time and effort and passion to make it a success, it's hard not to feel proud of their accomplishment.

We did not win. Not even close. But it's not really our fault too.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but we had limited practice, since we only started choreographing everything two weeks ago, so it was kinda like a 'rushed project'.

And really, we are a fresh team. The other teams have probably been working together for months, even years. To get where we are now is a real accomplishment.

The funny thing is, everyone is good at something, and I mean REALLY GOOD. Siew Theng and Amy can dance very very gracefully, with power and poise. Thumbs up to them.

Wei Jian can... I dunno... 'swing' nunchuks? Do you swing them? I have no idea... Maybe you fling them... haha. But that's a rare talent you see nowadays. Not many people can do that, but he can. KUDOS TO HIM TOO!

Lisa is a very good hip-hop dancer. The way she moves and position her body is top-notch, and her choreography is conceptualised with a modern twist. She can bring out her dances very well.

Wei Guang is great at dancing too, but in a different way. More of a popping-locking bboy kinda style. And he can come up with very cool moves in a short period of time. TALENTED!

Tracy is great at posing, and she picks up the routines quite fast ( compared to me... like a damn hippo...). And she has a really nice Adidas jacket!

All in all, I think we make a great team. Obviously I'm not good in anything. But hey, this is my first time choreographing a dance PLUS performing in front of an audience. Gimme a break! Hehehe ( Actually quite proud of myself for doing this. Luckily I did not pass out of fright!)

Anyway, if they had given us another week, we'll blow your socks off.

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again."

IMU, just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment