Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cheerleading!!!!

I feel like such a low-life nerd. First thing in the morning, logging on to the computer, playing free online games. LOL.

Cheerleading competition was yesterday. Trained for the past few months to cope with last night's 6 minute performance. When you think about it, it's kinda absurd, the amount of effort you put in versus the fruit of your labour.

HOWEVER, I feel it was all worth it. Every hour, every minute, every second.

To tell the truth, I liked going to practice. I still remember in the beginning it was every Monday and Wednesday. Then switched, I think, to Monday, Tuesday and Thursday or something like that.

I dunno. Cheerleading practice gave me a sense of... how do you put it... purpose(?) *Told you I had NO LIFE*.

Okay okay, maybe not 'purpose', but kinda like a sense of belonging and camaraderie.


REASONS WHY I LOVE TO GO FOR PRACTICE:

1) I like to dance and move around. If I sat still at home, I might go crazy.

2) I like to learn new moves, be it dance or gymnastic techniques or whatever.

3) Don't you just love it when the lights are on in your school/college/uni, everyone is participating in a sport or activity, there is no stress from studying with energy abound.

4) The people from my team are HILARIOUS!!! hahahah!!! Never a dull moment with them.




You know the song 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus?

This is the epitome of that song.

It was never about the competition day itself. It was about the journey we took to get there.

The sweat, blood, and tears we poured into our routine, our stunts, in preparation for that big day.

The hard work, muscle aches, bruises, fractured bones, sprained body parts.

It was never about the prize, or the glamour, or the competition.

It was about the present, the teamwork and most importantly, the friendship.

*Well, at least for me.*

I will miss you guys so much.

"The past can never be repeated, nor can be be altered, for all that remains in the dusk of our days are the treasured memories of our forgottens. "

Hugz. GO, TAURUS CHEERLEADING 2009!!!!


*BTW, THE SONG IN THE SIDEBAR IS DEDICATED TO ALL CHEERLEADING MEMBERS. I know it's kinda like a love song or wtv, but remember: "They can take the music and the plans we make, but they cannot take our yesterdays."

In no particular order:
Venus Lim, Fion Lam, Loo Wei Wen, Beh Eng Hui, Jason Seng, Ivana, Tracy Khong, Ng Yunn Shuen, Tan Kelly, Chiu Hong, Loon Wei, Naomi Grace, Cady Chua, Wai Peng, Christine, Fong Kin Man, Chan Pei Zhi, Kuang Hau (Sorry, I'm not sure how to spell it, aka Sean Eng), Jones.

Mighty Taurus Stomp Your Yard!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, adik. Hope you've enjoyed it and learn something from it. But hmm...I didn't get to see you dance.

    ReplyDelete