Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Irksome



Ahhh, the Digital Age.

These are times when correspondence is dominated by the ever reaching arms of the Internet. Where speaking is optional, and standardized smileys are replacing the wide array of human facial expressions.


Communication has never reached such an unsentimental pinnacle.


There are drawbacks, various implications, ranging from socio-economic disasters to the erosion of humanity.


That is not what this post is about.


As usual, I'm just gonna complain. Yes. Complain and nag, moaning, groaning, about why some people will put others through such discomfort and irritability.

Don't you just hate it when PEOPLE DON'T REPLY YOUR MESSAGES.
Or to be more specific, SOME PEOPLE JUST STOP REPLYING YOUR MESSAGES MID-CONVERSATION. It's not a long lull. They just don't come back to you ever. Period.

Now, in lieu of sounding like a hypocrite, I shall confess, that at times, I may sink to such behavior. In my DEFENSE however, it's not that I just stop corresponding. I may TAKE A LONGER TIME, BUT EVENTUALLY I REPLY (within 24 hours).

And for those I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE AN ONLINE CONVERSATION WITH, I DO NOT REPLY THEM AT ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.


So, I just absolutely detest it, when you're messaging each other, and the other person just breaks off and leaves the whole shenanigan hanging. Like, seriously, WTF?!


Okay, douche, lemme break it down for you.

NUMBER 1:
When you decide to take up a person's topic or conversation, follow it to the very end or DON'T START IN THE FIRST PLACE. How would you like it if you were talking to a friend, and he/she just walks away when you ask he/she a question? Not very nice issit? Yeah, there's food for thought.

NUMBER 2:
Like seriously, everyone knows you got like a super busy life, with all them super shiny stars waiting to take you out to super expensive restaurants and shit. DOES IT TAKE, A FREAKING DAY, TO JUST TYPE OUT, " IM SORRY, IM BUSY, TALK TO YOU LATER"??!!!

I mean, serious shit. You don't even have to spell everything out.
'Im sry, bz now, ttyl". See?? The wonders of abbreviations.

I never knew that by flinging your fingers over your keypad to spell out a weird ass bunch of vowelless consonants might actually create a vortex that hungrily digests copious amounts of the time continuum.

If so, I must be an approximately 1000 years old by the time I'm done with this rant. Poor me.


So yeah. It totally sucks.
No one asks you to be perfect. Just answer the damn messages. And if you're busy, jz say ur bz in da nxt msg, ttyl, or myb nxt tme. gtg, cya. kthxbai.

Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment