Friday, June 11, 2010

Anger - Who Hurts More?

LOL, How apt that I have an earlier post with the same title.

Bad moods are horrible. They place me in a zone of silence. I don't feel like talking, I don't feel like interacting. Not because I'm angry at the people around me, I'm just... not in the mood (no pun intended).

Someone once asked me, " Are you angry at me?"

You know, unless you murdered my aunt's cousin's grandmother's brother's second son's niece's (twice removed) mother-in-law, or ate the cup of yoghurt I was saving for my after-supper dessert, I can't possibly be mad at anyone who asks me that question.

It just shows me you care. How sweet.

And I can't fault that.

So my standard answer is 'No'. And I mean it.

You know, at times we may get angry at another person. We hurt them, either intentionally or unintentionally. We leave lasting impressions, scars that linger to remind them of the abuse. We're haunted by the ghost of our callousness, an undercut handed over in the form of reckless behavior.

But when we think it through... was it really worth it?

Was proving that point so important, was winning the fight everything?

Did you leave the battle lightly scratched, but overcome with the immensity of your actions, the gut-wrenching hold of guilt?

Confrontation is worthless if hurting another only hurts yourself. Revenge is a double-edged sword of a nail-laden hilt.

The pain ultimately falls on you.




I agree. I was slightly harsh with my language, and it was totally unnecessary. The issue was petty, inconsequential even.

Friendship is thrown around as a term nowadays, heavy in emotions, but lacking in meaning. True friends - the ones that will be at your side when adversity is faced, are hard to find. And I think that you may just be a true friend. *btw, please don't prove me wrong*

In hindsight, I shouldn't have done what I did. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for all the hurt I've caused. The scars may be there, but hopefully the salve of forgiveness is able to take the edge off the sting.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment